We're hiring: Production Brewer
Cromarty Brewing Co is a family run brewery based in the stunning Scottish Highlands and has been producing beer worth believing in since 2011. Its an exciting time for our brewery as we continue to expand and improve our production facility. We are looking for a Production Brewer who is enthusiastic about all aspects of production from brewing to packaging and holds a passion to help produce high quality beer here at Cromarty. Ideally someone with a strong background in brewing, has a keen attention to detail, and holds brewery hygiene in high regard.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the efficient day to day running of brewery operations and scheduling future production
- Wort production on our 3 vessel automated brewhouse
- Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities, yeast cropping and dry hopping
- Yeast handling and analysis
- QC work – pH, CO2, DO, micro, etc
- Centrifugation & Carbonation
- Overseeing packaging (Casks, Kegs, Bottles and Cans)
- CIP (brewhouse, vessels, packaging)
- Maintaining and progressing current brewery quality systems (SALSA beer+)
Required experience and abilities (not limited to):
- Ideally the candidate will possess relevant brewing qualifications from internationally recognized industry groups i.e., Heriot-Watt University’s ICBD, IBD, Siebel, VLB, or UC Davis, and/or qualifications in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or Food Science/Technology.
- At least 3 years high level experience working at a craft brewery, w/ examples of successes in a leadership role.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- FLT skills favourable
- Physical requirements: Our Brewers must be able to bend, twist, kneel, stand for the duration of a shift and lift 25kg and maneuver 60kg. Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
Applicants may be asked to carry out a day’s work as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary to be arranged based on experience.
To apply or enquire about this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Production Brewer